Dear Oakmont Members
This is to inform you that board director Ken Heyman has resigned his position on the Oakmont Board of Directors effective immediately. We wish Ken the best of luck in all of life’s future endeavors.
From Ken Heyman
My resignation from OVA Board of Directors:
Those who won the BOD election last year represented a new generation of OVA governance. We had in-depth knowledge of the issues before us and were excited and joyful to be of service to the community. I expected challenging times but the circumstances after the election were unprecedented. Nonetheless, this Board persevered and delivered.
- We hired a strong General Manager with relevant experience, skills, and education.
- We have taken major steps toward resolving the Pickleball issue that divided our community.
- We will seismically retrofit the Berger Center and recently received the permit to do so.
- We rectified many Reserve Study inadequacies, so our dues only modestly increased.
- We re-engaged legal counsel with over 25 years-experience serving Oakmont.
After serious deliberation I am resigning from my position as Director of the OVA Board. This is not a decision I make lightly. I look back with pride at my time serving Oakmont and owe so much to the generous support of so many. My hope is that our future focuses on positivity, truth, and goodwill.