Oakmont Emergency Preparedness
Emergency Response Team (ERT)
The ERT is a group of volunteers whose mission is to help our community to prepare, survive, and recover in the event of a major disaster. Managed by the Oakmont Emergency Preparedness Committee (OEPC), we assist as follows:
- Organizing residents to prepare and respond to emergencies. As with the Citizens Organized to Prepare for Emergencies (COPE), this group strives to assist all residents prepare for disasters.
- Radio communications volunteers will assist in coordinating emergency response and provide a link to outside agencies;
To join the ERT in helping yourself and our community, for more information, or to volunteer, contact OakmontERT@gmail.com.
The Oakmont Emergency Response Team is a group of volunteer residents whose mission is to help our community to prepare, respond, and recover in the event of an emergency or disaster. The ERT, managed by the Oakmont Emergency Preparedness Committee (OEPC), assists the community in the following ways:
- Organizing Oakmont neighborhoods to help residents and their neighbors prepare and respond to emergencies. Adopting the goals of Citizens Organized to Prepare for Emergencies (COPE), this ERT group strives to assist all Oakmont neighborhoods to prepare for disasters and assist their neighbors. More info »
- Radio communications volunteers assist in coordinating emergency response efforts within Oakmont, and provide a link to outside agencies for assistance, like Fire, Police, Red Cross, EMS, and City & County services.
- Oakmont residents are also encouraged to attend, three times a year, the Residents Forums, to learn about the importance of being prepared for major disasters. Check the Oakmont News for the dates of these important forums.
We encourage both new and existing residents to join the ERT in helping yourself, your neighbors, and our community. No special skills are needed. For more information or – better yet – to volunteer, please contact us at OakmontERT@gmail.com.