We have very active club. We have four tables, ping-pong balls and some spare rackets for new comers. We normally play doubles, so 4 people can play on each table at any one time. We also have Robopong Newgy 2050 for anyone who wants to practice to improve their skills.
Table Tennis (Ping-Pong) is a Mind, Body and Soul Sport. There are numerous benefits of playing this enjoyable Olympic sport;
- Health and Fitness: Just a couple of hours a day, two or three times a week hitting those little orange balls can do wonders for your fitness.
- Gentle on Your Body: You can play this sport according to your own capabilities and limitations, and still be competitive. All skill levels are welcome.
- A Sport for Life: It can be played competitively right up to your eighties and beyond. It’s never too late to start.
- Keeps You Mentally Sharp: It’s good for the brain function. There is an awful lot of thinking, fast brain-to-hand coordination. This activity keeps your brain alert!
- You Can Play Anytime: Table tennis is an indoor sport. You can play it all year round, rain or wind, hot and cold. No need to worry about exposure to UV rays.
- Make New Friends: You’ll get to meet many nice people at the club. You’ll be able to compete and make friends with fellow table tennis enthusiasts.
- You Don’t Have to Spend a Fortune: There is no fee to play at our club. We provide paddles for new comers free of charge and balls are provided by OVA. A basic ping-pong paddle can be bought for around $35-$50 USD. A good racket for advanced play would usually be around $100-$150 USD.
As a complex game of mind, soul and body, table tennis is one of the most beneficial sports for aging population, improving mental and physical conditions alike. It’s an excellent investment for your well-being. Come to join us to play. La Dolce Vita!
Drop-in Session Schedule:
Tuesdays: 10:30 AM ~ 12:30 Noon
Wednesdays: 12:00 Noon ~ 2:30 PM
Thursdays: 3:00 PM ~ 5:30 PM
Fridays: 3:00 PM ~ 5:30 PM
Sundays: 12:00 Noon ~ 4:00 PM (Bring your own partner)