The Board appoints volunteer residents to serve on Standing Committees. Meetings are open to all residents.
- Jackie Ryan, Chair
- Marty Thompson, Vice Chair
- Harriet Palk, Secretary
- John Williston
- Jim Brewer
- Jackie Reinhardt
- Ken Heyman, OVA BoD Liaison
- Staff: Cassie Turner, Cat Gajarski
Members disseminate, through the use of print and digital media, information related to the activities of the OVA Board of Directors, its management, the various committees, clubs, organizations and members of the community and encourage, further and promote the use of electronic technology as a means of communication among the residents.
Second Mondays at 9:00 AM in Room B of the Central Activity Center
Oakmont Community Development Committee
- Susan Millar, Chair
- Will Haymaker
- Wally Schilpp
- Jerry Gill
- Elizabeth Lefson
- Hugh Helm
- Paul Wycoff
- Dave Johnson
- Jay Jones
- Frank Batchelor, OVA BoD Liaison
Members have the following responsibilities:
- Monitoring, reviewing, reporting and recommending action on all proposals, projects and plans for developing property within Oakmont that may have an impact on the Oakmont community. Excluded from this purview are properties leased or owned by OVA.
- Monitoring, reviewing, reporting and recommending action on proposals for developments located outside of the Oakmont boundaries that can have a significant impact on the Oakmont community.
- Maintaining liaison with individuals, officials, organizations and agencies; especially those in city, county and state government departments that review and approve developments, general plan revisions and Conditional Use Permit (CUP) applications.”
Second Thursdays at the CAC, Room B, 11:30 a.m. The agenda always includes a “free-for-all” discussion at the end of the meeting, which is not recorded, and we encourage questions and comments from the audience.
- Elke Strunka, Chair and BoD Liaison
- Alan McLintock
- Bill Hainke
- Tom Woodrum
- Jim Sannar
- OVA Staff: Cassie Turner
Members review and report on the monthly financial statements and prepare the annual budget. They analyze and make recommendations to the board on all projects over $10,000.
- Marianne Neufeld, Chair
- Gerri Annis
- Jean Whitridge
- Volunteers: Linda Rubio, Bob Dood, Jim Huseby
- Staff: Mary Patricia
The Architectural Committee’s responsibilities assure a continuity of design and preservation of the open space, maintaining or improving community appearance and enhancing the overall value of every residential property in Oakmont. The Committee seeks to ensure that each residential property is adequately maintained and not permitted to fall into disrepair as to not detract from its neighbors. Changes in landscaping, modifications of structures, materials and colors must be compatible with character of the Oakmont community.
The Architectural Committee does not have a charter
Second Tuesdays at 1:30 PM in Room 6 (across from the OVA office)
Oakmont Emergency Preparedness Committee
- Pat Barclay, Chair
- Suzanne Cassell (Secretary/Public Relations)
- Mike Noble (Treasurer/ Amateur Radio Communications)
- Fred Polkinghorn (Communications Director)
- Lisa Berman
- Tony Lukes
- Jim Ouimette
- Dennis Sabourin
- Bob Stinson
- Jan Young
- OVA Board Liaison: Greg Goodwin (non-member)
- OVA Staff Support: Rick Aubert (non-member)
Members oversee Oakmont residents in the planning, preparation, response, and recovery from emergencies and disasters that may affect our Community. The OEPC also manages the efforts of the Oakmont Emergency Response Team (ERT), a group of over 300 resident volunteers and COPE (Citizens Organized to Prepare for Emergencies).
To view the OEPC’s “Get Ready” Presentation, click here.
First Thursdays at 2 PM in Room B of the Central Activity Center. In addition, there are general community meetings held for all Oakmont residents the 3rd Thursday of January, May, and September at 2 PM at the Berger Center. Upcoming meeting notices are published in the Oakmont News and online.
Landscape Improvement Committee
- Alan Scott
- Marianne Neufeld
- Yvonne Horn
- Jim Stewart
- Diane Kellogg
- Staff: Cassie Turner and Rick Aubert
- Andie Altman; OVA Board Liaison
Members oversee the landscaping at all the OVA facilities and other common areas and make recommendations for any improvements we deem necessary or desirable.
First Tuesday of each month at 10:00 AM in Room G at the Berger.
Construction Oversight Committee
- Iris Harrell, Chair
- Bob Dodd
- James Hammer
- Richard Hannigan
- Noel Lyons
- Cassie Turner, OVA Staff
- Rick Aubert, Staff
- Ken Heyman, OVA Board Liason
The purpose of this committee is to investigate and submit to the board recommendations for all experts/consultants and contractors necessary to develop/design/construct/ manage any facility asset repair/replacement project expected to exceed $30,000.00. This committee, on an annual basis, will evaluate the reserve study component costs and recommend price and useful life updates. The association manager if she/he chooses to may request assistance from this committee for any project estimated to cost less than $30,000.00.
Construction Oversight Committee Charter
NEXT MEETING MARCH 16 @ 10:00 AM IN OVA OFFICE – LARGE CONFERENCE ROOM
Notes from the COC’s 7-8 meeting
Notes from the COC’s 7-9 meeting
Notes from the COC’s 8-17 meeting
Notes from the COC’s 9-23 meeting
Notes from the COC’s 10-27 Meeting
Notes from the COC’s 11-07 Meeting
OVA Personnel Committee
- Andie Altman, Chair
- John Felton
- Elke Strunka
- Cassie Turner, non-member
Review issues with OVA personnel
No regular meeting dates
OVA\OGC Task Force
- Nick Belantro
- Fran Dias
- Bev Harris
- Nona Leone
- Ellen Meufson
- John Wlliston
- Chuck Wood
OVA Board Liaison:
- Frank Batchelor
This committee works together on the relationship between the Oakmont Village Association and the Oakmont Golf Course.
Every 4 months – Next meeting February 16th