AARP Tax-Aide is planning to return to in-person tax preparation at The Berger Center Room G. Service will be Monday & Wednesday from 9:30am-3:30pm, beginning February 7, 2022 through April 18, 2022, the last day for 2021 tax returns to be filed.

As the end of the year approaches, we want to remind everyone that a tax deduction for cash contributions to qualified charities are available to everyone – even if you take the standard deduction! For 2021 taxes, a married couple filing jointly is able to deduct up to $600 in contributions and a single person up to $300. This is for allowable gifts of cash only – donated items do not quality. You still have time to take advantage of this one-time deduction, as this will go away for 2022. Charitable contributions need to be made (postmarked) by December 31, 2021.

AARP Tax-Aide service will be a bit different in order to keep volunteers and customers safe and avoid congestion at the site.
• Taxes will be done by appointment only. No walk up service.
• Appointments must be made by phone. The reservation system will open on January 31. You must leave a message and a volunteer will return your call to schedule your appointment. The phone number will be published in January in the Oakmont News and via the Oakmont News E-Blast. Please do not call prior to January 31.
• You must be fully vaccinated to obtain face-to-face service. Vaccination cards will be checked along with your ID when you check in for your appointment.
• A mask must be worn at all times when you are in the Berger Center.
• Intake forms and envelopes will be distributed prior to the start of tax season, but will also be available for pick-up during normal operating hours of the AARP Tax-Aide service. Date for distribution will be announced in January via the Oakmont News E-Blast.

These guidelines may be subject to change as we are subject to Sonoma County rules for gathering during COVID-19.



The Oakmont Mac Users Group event previously scheduled for Jan. 22 has been postponed due to concerns regarding COVID-19. We will plan to hold our next meeting on March 19. Please stay tuned for more information.

RESCHEDULED: Trash-Can Composting

Concern about the renewed COVID spread and Omicron Variant has been expressed to us. Additionally, we are advised that the parking lot at the East Rec will be closed to car traffic for that week. To that end, the Oakmont Garden Club feels it is prudent to cancel the January 11th General Meeting. Shirley Phillips presentation of “Trash Can Composting” is rescheduled to March 9. Please accept our apologies.

The Genius of Billy Wilder

Instructor: Terry EbingerThursdays, February 10 – March 3, 2:00 – 5:00 PM, East Rec4-week session, Cost: $95Note: Early start time Click Here To Register Now

Dogwoods – Variety, Form and Beauty

“In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.”Albert Camus Wednesday February 9, 20229:30am social, 10:00–11:15am meeting Where:

CANCELLED: Yappy Hour Dog Walk

Monday February 7, 2022Belle and Peri’s Yappy Hour Dog WalkCANCELED Oakmont Canine Club is hopeful that sponsored events scheduled to take place after February 11,