Packet distribution for AARP Tax-Aide has been rescheduled for Wednesday February 24 in front of the CAC building starting at 9AM. Once you pick up your packet follow these easy steps.
– Gather your tax documents, fill out the forms in the packet, and call for a drop off appointment when you have all your documents gathered. (The number for appointments is in your tax packet)
– At your appointment time, meet with a volunteer at the tent in front of the CAC – takes less than 10 minutes
– Wait for a call from your tax preparer to review your information.
– One week later, pick up your finished tax return and documents back at the CAC site. Once you pick up them up and sign a release, your tax returns will be electronically filed with the IRS and State of California.
There are some types of tax returns AARP volunteers are not certified to handle. Those include:
– Rental income
– Self Employment if there are employees, losses, depreciation, business us of home or expenses exceeding $35,000.
If you have any of the above types of income, it is recommended you find a paid tax preparer. If you are unsure if AARP can do your return and want to check, please call 707-387-4077. A volunteer will call you back to discuss your situation.