We hit the ground running as soon as we were allowed, renovating and improving the experience at Valley of the Moon Club and The Club at Sugarloaf. Here’s a little insight into all that we are currently doing. We will continue to keep you informed of our progress!
- The most popular ice cream flavors in America have been identified, sourced, and vendor agreements are being signed. We will have an entire email sharing lots of information about the ice cream, which is very much one of our favorite subjects.
- Pro shop is being painted, floor is three weeks out, fixturing and merchandise mix is being reviewed. Once the floors are installed, we can transition back into that space.
- Colors for the outside of buildings has been selected and painting should begin next week
- Tables and chairs for Luna were delivered today, being assembled and tomorrow
- Patio furniture expected in three to four weeks
- New golf cart fleet expected late June/July 1 timeframe. They will include Bluetooth speakers.
- New range mats should be delivered this week, will be going to mats for about two weeks until grass tee can heal
- Alison Prather has returned as our Food & Beverage Manager for now until she can assume the Director of Fun role
- Jose Farfan has signed an offer letter for the Director of Golf position and will be relocating from Southern California, first day will be July 13th.
- Five new maintenance crew members are being onboarded this week
- Kitchen equipment deep clean is scheduled for next week
- Minor repair items of kitchen equipment to get up to code is being scheduled – dishwasher electrical outlet install, hand washing sink in cook lines brought back to code, replacement of damaged hood vents
- We have received the “barriers removal” permit so work on Luna can begin. The Luna effort will take approximately 40 working days.
- Anticipating health department inspection for F&B opening in the next couple weeks
- The failed electrical panel on the pumps has been repaired.
- The other failed pump is scheduled to be pulled out next week
- Bids for bunker clean out and refill with sand are being worked one
- Bids for removal of railroad ties from all tee boxes are being worked on
- Bids for finishing the landscape around Pro-Shop, Luna, main parking and first tee are being worked on
- HVAC companies have been contacted to get bids on replacing or repair of broken units, cleaning duct work, and replace controls in all buildings
- New maintenance equipment order will be placed this week
- Roofers are coming out to assess the five roof leaks this week or next and give bids
Additionally, prompt action by the new general manager Dennis Stankovic and his team insured that malfunctioning pump is now working and potential problems with the course drying out have been resolved.