- by Randi Hulce
OakMutt Doggy Day – Coming June 1st
• The OakMutt dog show is just for fun! You’re certain to find a category for your pup, starting with a parade of “Best Dressed” contenders in favorite attire. Maybe you have the “Snow Whitest” or a “Black Beauty” or perhaps “Best Biscuit Catcher”? A full list of categories & registration info will soon be available. All Oakmont residents are invited; you do not have to be a Canine Club member to participate. Don’t have a furry friend? Do come by and watch the fun! Chat with our lineup of local vendors, perhaps win a prize? Greenwards Space and Berger Center patio is the place to bring your “best friend” on June 1st, 10am – Noon.
Update on the Dog Park
• The area has been staked off. Look closely at the photo; you may be able to spot one! If you take a walk up there, do remember that your dog MUST be on leash; especially while walking by the Community Gardens! Photo credit – Julie Kiil.
For DETAIL people who want to know everything the committee has been up to, here you are!
• Summary – Committee Activities YTD
1. Measured slope; placed stakes for: boundaries, access deck, ADA parking, and access path from Stone Bridge Rd.
2. Completed site survey for park & ADA parking, also resolved final dog park size
3. Meetings with City to answer permitting & ADA access questions
4. Solicited bids for access deck and selected deck contractor to prepare drawings for submittal to City
5. Evaluated surface material alternatives for access pathway
6. Issued contract for Landscape Architect to start drawings/plans in preparation for submittal.
7. Preparing applications to city for Conditional Use Permit, Design and Zoning Review
* Second Quarter Project Goals
1. Submit applications to City and obtain all needed approvals
2. Resolve method to obtain $25,000 donation & provide donor tax deduction documentation
3. Select contractors for: ADA parking, renovation of access path, construction of access deck and fence installation
4. Initiate project construction
Timeline? The project schedule remains fluid until final City requirements are known, all contractors are selected, and contractor schedules known. Current best estimate for completion is end of 3rd quarter 2019.
You Can Join the Canine Club Anytime
• Membership forms are always available in the Canine Club folder at the OVA office or download from our website www.oakmontcanineclub.org. Membership for 2019 is $12 for individual or $20 for a household. You may leave your check, or new member application, in the Canine Club folder in the OVA office. Need to contact us? Contact info for all Canine Club Board Members is also always available on our website. Woof!