March 19, 2020
To All Oakmont Village Association Residents and Members
RE: COVID-19 & Closure of the OVA Facilities, and Office This correspondence is to inform you that the Board of Directors met on Tuesday, March 17, 2020 to discuss, in part, the ongoing COVID-19 health crisis, also known as Coronavirus (Virus.) Based on recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO and Sonoma County Order C19-03, the Board has closed all facilities until further notice. Additional information follows.
1. The health and safety of our staff and residents is our highest priority. We have asked management and staff to implement specific changes to contain and mitigate the possible transmission of the Virus within our community.
2. As of the date of this message, to our knowledge, no COVID-19 cases have been reported by any resident or staff member of the Oakmont Village Association (OVA). Residents will be promptly informed by eBlast if this changes.
3. Sonoma Counties Health Officer, Dr. Sundari R. Mase MD, MPH, issued a “Shelter in Place” Order (Order), at approximately 5:00 p.m., Tuesday, March 17, 2020. The Order became effective at 12:01 a.m., March 18, 2020, and is valid until April 7, 2020. The public notice issued by the Officer can be found here; the Order can be found here; and, FAQs regarding the Order can be found here.
4. As required by the Order, the OVA office will be closed until further notice. A Sonoma County representative stated that staff should work from home if possible. However, we are still permitted to work from the Office on a limited basis for essential duties, such as paying bills, receiving mail, printing checks, etc. based on Essential Business needs. Although the office will be closed, staff may be present to perform tasks as needed.
5. The maintenance staff is authorized to maintain the association’s “Essential Infrastructure” and to sanitize and disinfect the association’s buildings. They will also maintain the three swimming pools. During the closure of the facilities, maintenance will be deep clean all facilities to prepare for reopening.
6. All buildings and amenities, including but not limited to the fitness center, library, saunas, swimming pools, spas, pool area, tennis and pickleball courts, have been closed until further notice.
7. During the closure period, the best way to reach the maintenance and office staff is via email. A list of staff emails can be found here.
8. OVA Staff has purchased two ZOOM “Video Conferencing” accounts that will allow Club and Committee members to meet virtually from their homes. Zoom accounts can accommodate up to 100 persons. Clubs and Committee Chairs may contact Anita at Anita.Roraus@oakmontvillage.com to check the availability of the Zoom meeting schedule. Colin Colin@oakmontvillage.com will coordinate the meeting and will provide the Chair a Host User ID and Password. Members who wish to participate in the virtual meeting will be assigned a user ID and password and must have a video camera and microphone to participate. These are built into most modern laptop computers. Colin will create a manual for ZOOM use, but there instructions will be included when the ZOOM access codes are sent. Meetings are very easy to coordinate.
9. If a Club Chair wishes to access their club file stored in the OVA office, please contact Ofelia at Ofelia@oakmontvillage.com, or Dawn at Dawn@Oakmontvillage.com and OVA will mail the data to you; or, you can make an appointment to come to the OVA office, and we will give you your folder.
10. Architectural applications will be available online, found here, and they can be emailed to you upon request by contacting Christel at Christel@oakmontvillage.com. You can email Christel your completed application, or you can drop it through the mail slot in the architectural office door. Requests may be approved by Christel, but there may be delays in approval by the Architectural Committee.
11. OVA staff will still be sending eBlasts to the Residents on Fridays, and as needed when information needs to be addressed. Additionally, the Oakmont News will be delivered on the 1st and 15th of each month.
12. If you need to contact a Committee Member, you will find their information here.
13. Food deliveries and other services will be available by local merchants, and the list can be found here.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. While we understand the seriousness of this situation, we are hopeful that by implementing these measures and following the CDC, WHO and County guidelines, we can minimize the effects of this Virus on our community and beyond.
Best Regards, For the Board of Directors
OVA General ManagerLetter-to-Members-3-20-2020