Oakmont Village Association is a large, active adult community in Sonoma County.
We are looking for a full-time Facilities Manager.
This is an on-site position, reporting to the General Manager, with a staff of 5-10 maintenance technicians and contractors. You will be working for the GM and closely with the Building Construction Committee.
You have a minimum of 5-7 years managing large facilities including 2-3 years managing staff. You and your staff will be managing all facilities supporting a community of 4700 residents, 17 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- 5 main buildings and common area property,
- Open spaces – the dog park, swimming pools, spas, athletic courts
- Numerous other leisure amenities
You are responsible for
- Hiring, training, and supervising a staff of maintenance technicians with management approval
- Developing written procedures for facilities and property maintenance
- Documenting employee activities
- Documenting timely resolution of resident complaints
- Remaining in compliance with local, state, and federal health and safety rules and regulations
You are a manager with the ability and knowledge to jump in and get a job done, when necessary.
With the GM and management, you will
- Identify maintenance requirements, including repairs, and renovation
- Assist with new construction or remodel projects
- Supervision projects – manage costs, schedules and quality as directed by management
- Prepare project update presentations – for the GM, the Board and OVA members including documentation, budgets, and charts
- Report areas that need improvement. Work closely with the GM and the Board to ensure that all facilities comply with building and health codes and meet ADA requirements.
- Create preventive maintenance schedules for all facilities and properties.
- Organize, set up and break down 1000 events annually – including catered dining, lectures, dancing, concerts, university classes, et al.
- Always adhere to OVA standards for the appearance and cleanliness of all facilities and property
- Work with the GM to develop reserve studies and schedules for all facilities and properties. Regularly update studies and schedules to reflect changing conditions of wear at facilities and properties.
- Consult with management on all decisions that include color, style and design elements for affected repairs, replacements, or upgrades before executing.
To be right for this job, you have
- Management communication skills and a disposition which works with staff, committee members and residence
- Experience in evaluating landscape subcontractor performance on large properties including vegetation, maintenance, water conservation, Firewise policies and sound ecological practices
- Training in Firewise programs to harden facilities against wildfires and other hazards
- Managing employee concerns about weekend, second shift and janitorial duties
- Hiring and retaining maintenance technicians
- Promoting a diverse workplace
- Effectively managing diversity, gender, and other complexities common to a modern workplace
- Experience with developing successful accident prevention programs for employees
- An ability to mitigate potential resident accident issues on the common properties
- Basic knowledge of the construction trades sufficient to manage contractors and workers – plumbing, electrical, roofing, framing, fire suppression, flooring, and finishes
- Strong team-management skills – training, mentoring, and leading staff, volunteer homeowners, the GM, and the Board.
- Experience as a manager of commercial, hospitality, government, or corporate facilities.
- An empathetic understanding of the special challenges of aging residents
- An understanding of the value of efficiency, effectiveness, and ability to prepare reasonable schedules and timelines and manage activities to meet those set expectations.
- Good project management skills.
- Service oriented
We welcome diversity, offer a competitive benefits package, and offer a starting annual salary of $85k to $93k with a performance based annual bonus.
To get this job, write us a letter of introduction and schedule a phone interview. On a high level describe your job experience as it pertains to the above. You see the background we are looking for. What have you done in the areas of planning, executing, and tracking? What was your big job that you are proud of?
Please send applications to email@example.com.