WE NEED YOUR HELP! The Fitness Center plans to reopen on Monday, March 29 but we cannot open without the help of volunteers. Volunteers would need to commit to one hour per week and that would include checking people in at the door and monitoring to be sure everyone is wearing a mask, maintaining social distancing and cleaning the equipment after use. Please consider just one hour per week to help us reopen and keep the fitness center open.
The following are the new guidelines for the fitness center use:
• Six members are allowed to exercise for 50-minute time slots Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. The center will be closed from 11-noon for lunch and on weekends.
• Sign ups will be limited to twice per week
• Equipment will be taped off to comply with required social distancing regulations
• Members are required to wear masks at all times and use provided sanitary wipes to clean equipment after use.
• Locker rooms will be closed; restrooms off the patio will be accessible.
• Two side doors will be used for entering and exiting the center.
• Free weights and exercise matt area will be closed.
• Time limit on cardio equipment is limited to 20 minutes while members are waiting.
• No personal items will be allowed, i.e. books or electronic readers. Only items that can be kept on your person.
• Cubbies will not be available for storage of personal items.
You may sign up to be a volunteer on the Fitness Center Reservations page. That page will require you to login to view:
If you have any questions or are interested in volunteering please send me an email at email@example.com or call Peggy Clark at 650 274-4137.