Big Thank You
Attendees of Dogwood Animal Rescue’s – Holiday Event last Saturday enjoyed adorable pups and took pet photos with Santa in his sleigh! Huge thank you to all who supported this volunteer-based non-profit organization. These Fundraisers and your Donations are how Dogwood stays in business to care for their beloved foster animals and find them homes. Many Oakmont residents have “rescue pups” obtained through Dogwood.
What’s Happening at the Dog Park?
• Get Some Exercise December 13
Next Dog Walk Yappy Hour is Monday, December 13th. (Rain Cancels!) Meet up 10 AM, South End Berger Lawn. Walk approximately 1 – 2 mile Round Trip. This is a casual walk, go at your own pace. Wear good walking shoes and bring water for yourself & furry companion. “Yappy Hour” is open to ALL Oakmont residents, so be sure to invite your neighbors! Expanded for 2022, Yappy Hours will be twice a month.
• “Small Dogs Rule” December 18 – Next Canine Club sponsored “Small Dog Play Date” at Happy Tails Dog Park is Saturday, December 18th, 10 AM – Noon. (Rain Cancels!) Any Oakmont resident and their pup(s) (25 lbs. or less) is Welcome!
• One Year Ago – November 19, 2020 – Was Happy Tails Dog Park Grand Opening
Have you visited recently? It’s now glorious green. Recent improvements include: Sand added in areas a bit muddy from rain; Shade Sails now screen the sun, and everyone is helping keep the park clean. The Dog Park is the only place in Oakmont, other than your own backyard, where pups can run leash free, . Dog Park hours are Sunrise to Sunset.
• Doggy Docents Needed For 2022.
Do you have approximately 1 hour @week to assist club volunteer efforts in welcoming newcomers and helping keep Happy Tails Dog Park a clean and safe environment for all? Then contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 707-479-6961. Join the Doggy Docents team.
2022 Membership Renewal “Early Bird Special” Ends 12/31/21
Welcome New Members; your dues are paid up through end of 2022. Returning members – Have you sent your renewal check yet? Canine Club 2022 Dues are due in January and remain $12 for single membership or $20 for a household. Early Bird Special – Pay before year-end for reduced amount – $10 single and $16 for household. Not a member yet? New Member application can be found on the club website.
Make checks payable to “Oakmont Canine Club.” You may return checks to Canine Club folder in OVA office; Mail to club treasurer; or simply drop it into the secure garage box at his home mail box.
Dick Ayres, Treasurer
Oakmont Canine Club
6429 Meadow Creek Ln
Santa Rosa, CA 95409
Holidays Are Coming!
• Want your pup featured on the club website as Holiday Dog for December? Email a holiday photo to Steve email@example.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Eating Out More for the Holidays? – Take Your Pup With You! Wondering what eating establishments allow dogs? Visit bringfido.com. Looking for local dog walkers, pet sitters or boarding information? Visit rover.com. How about Christmas gifts for dog loving friends? Try yappy.com.