This OakMutt dog show is just for fun! You’re certain to find a category to show off your pup, starting with a parade of “Best Dressed” contenders in their favorite attire. Maybe you have the “Snow Whitest” or a “Black Beauty” or perhaps “Best Biscuit Catcher”? A full list of categories & registration form will soon be available. All Oakmont residents are invited; you do not have to be a Canine Club member to participate. If you don’t have a furry friend, do come by and watch the fun! Chat with our lineup of local vendors, perhaps win a prize? Greenwards Space and Berger Center patio are the place to bring your “best friend” on June 1st, 10am – Noon.
Update on the Dog Park • Summary – Committee Activities & Accomplishments YTD
1. Measured hillside slope; placed field stakes for boundaries, access deck, ADA parking, and for realignment of access path from Stone Bridge Rd.
2. Completed site survey for park & ADA parking, also resolved final dog park size
3. Solicited bids for access deck and selected contractor to prepare deck drawings for application submittal to city
4. Meetings with City to answer permitting & ADA access questions
5. Evaluated surface material alternatives for access pathway
6. Issued contract for Landscape Architect
7. Preparing applications to city for Conditional Use Permit, Minor Design and Minor Zoning Review
* Second Quarter Project Goals
1. Submit applications to City and obtain all needed approvals
2. Resolve method to obtain $25,000 donation & provide donor tax deduction documentation
3. Select contractors for: ADA parking, renovation of access path, construction of access deck and fence installation
4. Initiate project construction So when will we have a ribbon cutting ceremony? The project schedule remains fluid until final City requirements are known, all construction contractors are selected, and individual contractor schedules known. At this time the best estimate for completion is end of 3rd quarter 2019.
So when will we have a ribbon cutting ceremony? The project schedule remains fluid until final City requirements are known, all construction contractors are selected, and individual contractor schedules known. At this time the best estimate for completion is end of 3rd quarter 2019
You Can Join the Canine Club Anytime
• Membership forms are always available in the Canine Club folder at the OVA office or download from our website www.oakmontcanineclub.org. Membership for 2019 is $12 for individual or $20 for a household. You may leave your check, or new member application, in the Canine Club folder in the OVA office. Need to contact us? Contact info for all Canine Club Board Members is also always available on our website. Woof!