OakMutt “Just for Fun” Doggy Day filled the Berger Greeensward on Saturday, June 4th.
• A little bit of drizzle didn’t last long enough to dampen the doggies or humans’ spirit. The judges had some difficult deliberations to make, especially in highly competitive categories such as Prettiest Eyes and Cutest Mixed Breed. Big thank you to the judges: Christel Antone, OVA Manager; Anita Roraus, OVA Events Coordinator, and Randi Hulce, Canine Club Secretary. An even bigger thank you goes out to Organizer and Club President, Paula Lewis; and ALL the volunteers who worked hard to make the 2022 Dog Show a great success! Thanks to the generosity of local businesses, over 20 Raffle prizes were handed out to attendees throughout the show.
• The following dogs went home with blue ribbons:
1. Best Costume – Misty; Her Human is Cindi Doell
2. Best Senior – Boo; His Human is Alan Schackman
3. Best Retriever – Murphy; His Human is Jan Young
4. Prettiest Eyes – Casey; His Human is Larry Maniscalco
5. Best Dog Buddies – “The Golden Girls” Cricket and Zuzu; Their Humans are Donna Forst and Barbara Hopp
6. Cutest Mixed Breed – Daphne; His Human is Keith Kaminski
7. Best Biscuit Catcher – Grace; Her Human is Kathy Carter
8. Happiest Dog with the Waggiest Tail – Domino; Her Human is Judy Ornelas
You can see Photos of the dog show and all the winners at the Canine Club website at www.oakmontcanineclub.org/ds2022pics.html
Save The Date
• Last Dog Walk Yappy Hour was Friday, June 24th. If you missed it don’t worry; we are doing more in July and August. The walk is approximately 1 -2 miles (Round Trip). This is a casual walk; go at your own pace or sprint to the finish line, if you wish! Remember to bring water for yourself and your pup and wear comfortable walking shoes. Hope to see you there in July.
Here are future dates for Woofers Yappy Hour Dog Walks:
Date: Monday July 11, 2022
Time: 10:00 am
Where: West Rec Picnic Area
Date: Wednesday July 20, 2022
Time: 10:00 am
Where: East Rec Parking Area
• Small Dog Hour Continues Every Sunday, 3 – 4 PM and Every Wednesday, 3 – 4 PM at Happy Tails Dog Park. All dog owners with breeds larger than 25lbs. are kindly requested to observe the 2-hour window per week for small dogs. Small dog owners see this as a safety issue, so you are encouraged to show respect for their concerns; especially since the Dog Park is open all other hours of the day and all days of the week for everyone to enjoy!
Rattlesnake Sightings on the Increase
• Here is a link to an article from the June 2022 Sonoma County Regional Parks Newsletter by Stephen Nett titled: “Tips for Hiking in Rattlesnake Country” Click on the link to learn more. https://parks.sonomacounty.ca.gov/learn/blog/park-blogs/snakes-on-a-trail-tips-for-hiking-in-rattlesnake-country. Remember they are probably more afraid of you than you are of them; but stay alert!