Hello Beloved Community,
I hope your year has been incident free and you are well. I am excited that the county is dropping into the red tier and that things are opening up, it has been way too long. Many studies have shown that people who attend church tend to live longer. The most recent study was published in “Social Psychological and Personality Science” journal by Laura Wallace and Baldwin Way… The idea that the church has been unable to meet for services is very sad. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. But have no fear, we are coming back. And although we are not yet going into the building, we are going to meet for an in-person service this Easter. Yeah and praise the Lord!!
We will be meeting on Easter Sunday, April 4th at 10:30 AM in the CAC courtyard behind the building. At the same time, we will be live-streaming our service on YouTube, as we have done each week for the past year. I do hope you will plan on joining us.
Here is what you will need to know and what you will need to do.
1. Call the church to let us pre-plan the number of people attending. Although we are aware some people may come that do not call, I am asking that you to call, because not only is it Easter, but it is also Communion Sunday and we would like to be prepared with enough individual self contained communion cups with bread.
2. Please bring your own lawn chair or folding chair. We can help you carry it from you car to the back if you need the help.
3. Please bring your mask (we will have some paper masks if you forget yours, but please bring yours).
4. Social distancing will be expected, so we plan on marking the concrete with X marks the spot. (In chalk of course) We will have a host helping to place chairs.
5. Please do not come if you have been exposed to the virus or are sick.
6. Dress in layers in case the morning is cold, cool, or warm.
7. Bottle water will be on hand if you need it.
8. The bathrooms are NOT available.
Please note: that when the East Rec is available once again to us we will be meeting there, however as the county opens up cases could cause the building to once again be closed. Last June, because we are a church, we were given OVA permission to meet at the East Rec, however the state shut down inside worship 2 weeks later and we never did step in. This could happen again. We are a senior community and must be wise. Look for more outdoor service following Easter. Remember, we at the beck and call of the weather.
Come celebrate the Risen Lord this Easter with us. God Bless you, Pastor Brinda
Phone: 707-595-0166 * email: email@example.com * web: occsantarosa.org