AARP Tax-Aide service at Oakmont will start off the tax season with Same Day Drop-Off Service. Because the community spread of COVID, while declining, is still expected to be in the “High” category as defined by the CDC, we are required to have limited contact between taxpayers and volunteers.
If you have an appointment, here is what you can expect.
– Arrive at the Berger Center, outside Room G, at your appointment time.
– A volunteer will check you in, review your Intake Booklet and organize your tax documents. You will need to sign an additional form, agreeing to the drop-off service process.
– You will briefly meet and speak with your tax preparer – either right outside Room G, in the plaza outside or by phone. If you have a cell phone, please bring it to your appointment.
– Your tax preparer will return to Room G with your tax documents, prepare your tax return and have it reviewed by a second counselor.
– We are asking taxpayers to stay nearby – either right outside the Berger Center or in their car – in case there are additional questions. A tent will be set up outside the Berger with some chairs for those who want to wait outside. Please be aware that seating inside the Berger Center may be extremely limited.
– You will be called when your tax return is complete and ready for review and pick up.
– The entire process should take 60 to 90 minutes, depending on the complexity of your return.
While this is not our traditional In-Person model, it is the best way that AARP can provide this free tax service while helping to reduce the spread of COVID. At the point that Sonoma County COVID levels fall below “High” as defined by the CDC, AARP Tax-Aide service at Oakmont will switch over to the In-Person model for most taxpayers. Anyone unvaccinated must continue to use the Same Day Drop-Off service for the 2021 tax season. If a taxpayer is reluctant to return to the In-Person service, they can request Same Day Drop-Off when they arrive for their appointment. We will announce the return to In-Person Service via the Oakmont Insider E-Blast.
For appointments, please call 707-595-0082. AARP Tax-Aide at Oakmont is offered Mondays and Wednesdays, beginning February 16 through April 18 from 9:30 to 3:00 at the Berger Center, Room G.