Want to taste and compare Unique Wines from Around the World? Join us on July 27th at 6pm for the Tasting Events Club (‘TEC’) event at the East Rec Center.
We have selected six different varietals from six diverse regions:
• Riesling: ‘20 Donnhoff Niederhäuser, from Nahe Germany (Rated: 92 – 94 points)
• Gewürztraminer: ‘20 TWR “Te Whare Ra”, from Marlborough NZ (Rated: 92+ points)
• Nebbiolo: ‘17 Paitin “Serraboella” Barbaresco, from Piedmont Italy (Rated:93 – 95 points)
• Tempranillo: ‘18 Valderiz Ribera del Duero, from Rioja Spain (Rated: 93+ points)
• Carignan: ‘19 De Martino “Vigno Old Vines”, from Maule Chile (Rated: 93 – 97 points)
• Cabernet Franc: ’18 Manoir “L’Enchentoir”, from Loire France (Rated: 95 points)
The retail prices of these highly rated, 92 – 95 point, unique wines range from $20 to $50.
As always, the TEC tastings will be ‘blind’ enabling you to compare two wines of similar varietals based just on individual taste buds, not on price or label! And we pair these fine wines with a selection of mild cheese, crackers, bread, nuts and grapes.
We will intersperse the tastings with brief overviews of the region, varietal and expert tasting notes. As always, the event will have some fun wine knowledge-based trivia contests that will provoke interaction and friendly competition … with winners receiving a bottle of fine wine!
Since TEC events have limited seating of 48 seats, the tickets will be offered to the 50 TEC club members for purchase until July 10th. After that remaining tickets, priced at $50, will be available on July 11th to non-member Oakmonters, who are on the TEC mailing list.
If you want to be included in the TEC mailing list, please contact us: Tastings.Club@gmail.com