Thank you for your interest in volunteering for Oakmont 2030.
Here is a brief explanation of why volunteers are needed and what the roles and expectations will be.
All Oakmont 2030 meetings will rely on a “Community Conversations” meeting model (vs. the current a Town Hall Model) where every participant has a chance to feel heard and to see their ideas combined with other community members.
There are two types of volunteer positions needed – facilitators and themers.
Each meeting will have 12 tables of 8 with a neutral facilitator who’s responsible for keeping the conversation going; making sure that each participant gets a chance to contribute to the discussion; and, captures participants’ responses onto an iPad that is provided. Facilitators will be trained in Covision technology (see below).
The electronic responses from the tables are sent to a small group of volunteers who can quickly digest large quantities of data and distill it into a few clear themes or messages that are presented to the room for validation and more conversation.
The volunteer orientation meeting is on June 23 at 1:00 at the Berger and will be recorded. Training is on July 6 at 1:00 at the Berger Center.
The June 23 meeting will be recorded any may be watched in lieu of attending in person, but the July 6 training must be attended in person.
- Please provide support to at least two Community Conversations over July and August. The more, the better!
- Participate in a “refresh” session in advance of your volunteer time receive a 1-hour “refresh” and a briefing on the goals of that particular meeting.
- Optional: participate in a 30 minute debrief session to support continuous learning about how best to connect with the community.
Important Sign Up Instructions:
- Click on the meeting you would like to attend
- Click on the date you would like to attend (even if only one date is available)
- If you don’t see any available dates, click the calendar forward a month
- Click on the time you would like to attend (even if only one time is available)
- Add your details at the bottom of this page
- Click “Book” to complete your sign up
Please attend or watch the Volunteer Orientation before attending the Volunteer Training. The recording is available here: 2030 Volunteer Orientation